Saturday, April 15, 2006


Visiting family is always fun. The laughter, the tears, the drama… but Abby and I are having a blast on the air mattress. One thing I hate about coming home is running into people from the past. So far, I have been lucky. I always think of the book "Homecoming" by Cynthia Voight when I am on the train heading towards home, maybe because it takes place in Maryland. If only Dicey had train tickets.

Before Abby and I left for Maryland, we made a stop at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens and Prospect Park Zoo. We saw a few babywearing people in Bjorns. If I had some business cards, I would have passed them out. There are many options besides the Bjorn, and most people do not know that. It makes me want to yell it from the mountaintop.

Scott informed me that Marjorie and Pablo are out of town this Easter weekend and he has the house all to himself. I wish I were with him.

No comments: