Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mamas out there! What a nice day! Scott woke me up with pancakes and fruit in bed. He had to work, so Abby and I baked oatmeal raison cookies and played. Abby and Scott got me a smoothie maker. It’s some thing that I have wanted for a long time. A blender just can’t get the smooth consistency that a smoothie maker can. For dinner tonight we are having creamy enchilada casserole. The recipe is in this month’s Mothering Magazine.

I have decided to go back to my semi-vegetarian ways. I feel like I have too much meat in my diet right now. Though, the last time I ate meat was a few days ago. Plus, with Abby’s allergies, it makes sense to just be vegan. Scott enjoys chicken once in a while, so I am not going strictly vegan. If we go out and some one cooks meat, I’ll eat it. But strictly vegan at home.

Mateo, Scott’s good friend, is staying with us for a while until he gets settled in Brooklyn. I’ve never lived with a roommate before. I went from my mother’s to Scott’s place. Every thing has been working out so far. The bathroom is just too small for three grown adults and a toddler. It’s really getting a work out.

Pablo and Marjorie had new hardwood floors put in the other day. It kind of makes me mad. Our apartment could really use a new kitchen and bathroom. I feel like we paid for their new floors. How about putting some of the money we pay every month back into our apartment? Old kooks. Rent in New York City is ridiculous.