Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Scott is working late tonight and Abby just went down for a nap and it’s 6:30pm. Looks like I’ll be up late tonight. I hate eating dinner by myself. Though I didn’t really have a “true” dinner. Almond butter and strawberry preserves on two wild rice cakes with a side of a handful of dried apricots and small bowl of Tings is more me snacking for dinner than anything else. Well, honestly, it’s being lazy. I could stir-fry some frozen veggies, but that would require me to actually cook. When Abby wakes up she’ll have the rest of her dinner from last night- veggies with pasta.
The plans are not set in stone just yet, but it looks like I’ll be in Maryland from the 11th to the 28th. We’ll be in Ocean City the last few days before the 28th. We need some good clean suburban air, and a good reminder of why we don’t like the suburbs.
I had written about what my c-section did to me physically weeks ago and for some reason every time I go to post it, I don’t. I think I’ll post it after my meeting with the Fertility Awareness Center (http://www.fertaware.com) on August 3rd. In some ways I am still angry with what happened and my ignorance of the American medical establishment at the time. I know my child and my body better than any doctor and I have the right to say no. My next child will be born in the comfort of my own home.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

What you had for your dinner/snacking sounds so good. I know what it's like to eat alone, I hate it too but sometimes we have to. Have fun in Maryland and at Ocean City! I'm sorry what you had to go through with the birth of Abby but the next one will be better!