Wednesday, August 2, 2006

After two weeks of Abby skipping naps and a very bad trip to the zoo, I have decided to take action. Abby’s erratic sleep patterns were starting to wear on everybody. It’s not fun living with a grumpy two year old. I started Sunday night. We had dinner and the second Abby started acting cranky or loopy (sure signs of fatigue) we went to bed. It was 7:30pm when we crawled into bed after brushing teeth and reading a quiet book. Abby rolled around in bed and finally fell asleep at 9:20pm. She woke up the next morning in a much better mood around 8am. On Tuesday, for naptime I did the same thing. The first sign of her getting the tiniest bit tired we went to bed. She took a nap that day at 1pm. So far, this method has been working for us. I did have a bit of resistance today for naptime, but she did fall asleep at 1:20pm. It’s so nice having a happy well-rested toddler.

The heat wave has reached us and today it’s just too hot to do anything outside. Abby’s going to have a few friends over in a while, but otherwise we’ve been entertaining ourselves inside. I got rid of my old stereo, cleaned out the TV cabinet and put my DVDs back into alphabetical order by genre. My stereo has finally died after nine years of faithful service. Scott is excited about picking up the new stereo on Friday from B and H. He may be a bit too excited.

I have my meeting tomorrow at the Fertility Awareness Center. Jill is going to watch Abby in the morning for me. Thank you! Hopefully I’ll be able to get some help with my charts and figure out what is going on. They don’t make any sense to me at all. Tomorrow I’ll also order a few new pairs of organic undies and an overnight training pant for Abby. I think we’re ready for that next step in potty training- diaper free at night.

This was Abby at Ry's house yesterday playing his keyboard and singing.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Abby is so cute! Good Luck in the Diaper Free Nights! I've gotta find some overnight training pants so that we can get there too. Livy is def. showing signs of getting up in the middle of the night and going potty. On the Fertility Charts, they can be quite tricky. They also have them online which help out too. Have a great day!