Monday, August 7, 2006

YES! We have the chicken pox! I never thought I’d be happy about a virus! Abby wasn’t vaccinated for the pox so we needed to catch it. Poor little thing is covered in spots. Abby and I are hosting a chicken pox party tomorrow to spread the love. All week we’re going to be taking oatmeal baths and calamine dips. This is Abby taking her nap this afternoon. See all the red bumps on her face?

Abby is on her way to be potty trained at night. She refuses to wear a diaper at home. I let her go to bed bottom-less and stack three prefold cloth diapers under her bum in case there is an accident. When I’m ready to go to bed I wake up Abby and take her to the potty with me, and once again very early in the morning. So far this has kept us all dry. The real test is going to be going to a public place for longer than two hours to see how she does. We have a two hour and thirty minute train ride back home to MD next week. I’m wondering if she’ll let me put a diaper on her. The bathroom on the train is gross and smells like pee. Plus the thought of trying to help a toddler pee in a toilet on a moving train is scary.

I wonder what we are going to have for dinner tonight. There are still leftovers from last night. Scott made homemade pesto with green beans, zucchini, and asparagus. I feel like making smoothies tonight.

2 comments:

Dr. Taco said...

Aaaawww... Look at that sweetie pie. Even with chicken pox, she's a cutie!

Charlotte said...

I'm glad she finally has the chicken pox. If we lived close by I would say feel free to share the CP love with livy but we don't. Oh well, Hope you all are doing good. Take care of the little one!