Sunday, September 3, 2006

Abby’s birthday was a slow quiet one. We had Scott’s Plum Chicken for dinner and rice milk ice cream with chocolate peppermint cups as a birthday desert. All dairy, egg and peanut free of course! Abby’s toys arrived by UPS in the morning. Scott and I ordered a wooden plane, a peg puzzle, and a wooden cat with kittens from Oompa.


Mateo left us on the first as well, and today I have done nothing but clean and rearrange. The side room is now a computer/art/guest/toy room. I’ll take pictures later. I replaced the wobbly dinning room table with Scott’s table and put my desk where his was. I’ve tossed about three bags worth of old papers. My floors have been vacuumed and scrubbed. Scott got whatever laundry there was done. I still have a few odds and ends to find places for, but otherwise I’m done. It feels good to get things out of the house and just CLEAN. I hate clutter.

When the seasons are about to change I get this urge to really clean and move things. How good it feels to have everything washed and ready for the new season! Bring on fall, my favorite time of year. Everything is dying and preparing for the cold. Hot winter dishes of root veggies and stews simmering on the stove, it makes my mouth water thinking about them. Long pants and sweaters! Hats and mittens! Snowmen! What joy!

No comments: