Friday, October 27, 2006















So I did it. I reported Marjorie to the city housing authorities for heat violations. Within 72 hours she should receive a phone call explaining the law and she has such and such a time frame to clean her act up. A letter will be sent to her in two days explaining everything in plain English. Eventually, a person from the authorities will be sent out to write her a ticket, if after the phone and letter, she still has not corrected the heat issue. This is very un-Buddha-like of me, but I hope it pisses her off to no end! I hate waking up to a freezing 64 degrees every morning and spending the rest of the day in a 66-degree house. I hate how cold my babe’s feet and hands get. About 6pm is when Marjorie decides to crank the heat up to a sweating 72 degrees sometimes 74. I am convinced that they have two thermostats. One for their apartment and one for ours, because how can they stand sitting in a house that’s 66 degrees cold? They turn off the heat during the night and keep it barely on throughout the day just so they can bake us in the evening for dinner. Oh the madness. It’s frustrating and it’s making my stomach hurt and rumble. Being pissed off like this always worries me that I’m going to pass some kind of bad vibe through my milk to Abby.

Scott has accused me of giving bad criticism. Well that may be true, he should know by now I hate giving criticism. Critique day in film class was a nightmare for me. The first post wasn’t that bad, it just wasn’t what I was expecting. I was hoping he would go on a rant about his mishaps and co-workers, like the water pitcher incident. Instead I get a post setting the stage of who he is and what he does. Scott does need to set some kind of stage, but that’s what his profile is for. The second post was better in that the pictures Scott chose added a little something extra to what would have been a bland post. When I mentioned Elise’s blog to him, it was as an example to get him motivated. Geesh. I do promise to read your script as soon as this convention ends! I love you honey!

We have a major sponsor for the Babywearing Bonanza! Go Hotslings for co-hosting with us! The event just keeps getting bigger and bigger! If you have any kind of baby product company this venue is the place to gain exposure! You don’t even have to attend to advertise! Send me an email and I can get you in on the action!

p.s. Find the Abby!

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

That's Awesome that hotslings is co-hosting the bonanza!! Well I think Abby is under the big blanket btw.

Amy Donschikowski said...

You go girl, those landlords are a pain. But what great stories to tell. It's aggravating to you guys, but incredibly entertaining for the rest of us.

Scott the AV Guy said...

I'm glad you've admitted that you're poor at criticism. And what you've added to your critique of my blog is more of what I expect when I ask for your opinion. Was that so hard?

amy said...

Yeah, well, maybe that was such a hard thing for me to do! ;) Knee highs anyone?

elise said...

well i for one am flattered and overjoyed. thanks for such great props, amy!