Friday, November 17, 2006



















Abby’s cold has diminished to a cough and phlegm. Thank goodness this thing is almost over. It’s a bummer staying inside all week. I took her outside on her bike anyways today to get some air and sunlight. Of course I ended up pushing her most of the time. For some reason Abby can peddle backwards with no problem, but going forward is something else entirely. It also doesn’t help that we live on a hill.

Yesterday was a no nap day. I had plans to see “Stranger Than Fiction” with Elise and I figured Scott would have an easy night with Abby. Abby was more than ready for bed when I left the house at seven, but Scott said she gained a second wind that lasted until 10:30pm. The movie was good, and it felt great to get out. Abby woke up at 2am and looked over at me and said, “Hi Mommy!” I thought I was going to be up the rest of the night. She looked totally awake and gave me this huge smile, and then she passed out again.

I’ve perfected baked sweet potato sticks, or sweet potato “fries”. I cut up the sweet potato into small sticks like French fries, put them on a sheet with olive oil and salt and stick them in the oven for a bit until tender. Abby and I have been eating them like they’re going out of fashion.

No comments: