Saturday, November 11, 2006















Scott was up last night until 3am. He said he was working on his blog and playing computer games most of the night. I am anxiously awaiting his 3am blog creation. Around 2am, a young man dressed in an oversized sports jersey with a large 7 on the back and the typical low riding jeans awakened me. He was yelling at the top of his lungs into his cell phone using the usual street lingo. The only bits of his conversation I could understand were, “You put the bitch on the phone.” “Come down to my block!” “I want my daughter!” “I’m not like that, nigger!” “NO-no-no-no-no!” I think he went on like this for over an hour walking up and down the block. You think the person on the other end of the phone would hang up and not answer the damn phone! After about a half hour of trying to tune him out, I called the cops since no else was going to. We only have cell phones and it was too late to try and dig up the non-emergency NYC number, so I called 911. I was disconnected while the woman tried to transfer me to 311. Whatever, the guy looked like he was getting his fair share of bad karma. It was like a trip down memory lane. Ahh Baltimore.

The laundry is all put away and the house is picked up. All I have to do is the dishes and wash the floors. We’re making vegan potpie tonight and I need to start the dough. Scott took Abby to Mateo’s to see his new puppy and play in the park there. Nice quiet house.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

That's the good thing about living in the country....we can't hear phone calls like that. But we do get the loud music coming out of the cars going up and down the street at the wee hours of morning. Hope you enjoyed your time in the nice quiet house!

Scott the AV Guy said...

I don't think I've ever heard anybody that mad in my life. That guy was like yelling at the top of his lungs! I should went down there to kick'im in the nuts!