Sunday, November 19, 2006















Shower curtains. Ugg. I thought it would be so easy. We went to Target yesterday and picked out a blue fabric curtain. After taking the old curtain down and the new one up, I realized the new one is two inches too short. Curses to our odd sized shower hole! This morning I trekked back to Target, only to once again, purchase a shower curtain an inch too short. I give up. Scott put the old one back and we decided we’d wait to go shopping for a new one when we get to Maryland. Then I can drive all over Baltimore looking for a curtain instead of schlepping on the subway.

Though Scott stayed home with Abby this morning while I had my unsuccessful trip to Target, and I rode the subway with his iPod for the first time. What an experience. I wanted to start filming. I haven’t had that feeling in a while. There was this older Korean man with grey and lime green sneakers reading a newspaper on the train. At the 36th street stop a young very tall woman gets on the train. She had the same exact sneakers. The two of them sat next to each other reading. The whole scene went nicely with “Love of the Loveless” by Eels. My uncle is sending us an old Hi-8 video camera and I kind of have an itch to start filming again. Not a story piece, I feel more of an experimental piece is in the making. Crazy. I’m not even that big of a fan of experimental film.

Pablo seems to have bought a new car. It’s a silver Dodge Nitro. He bought it after telling me a story about his old Dodge Caravan with the scary grey cargo box on top. Scott and I used to joke that Pablo and Marjorie had victims stuffed in there waiting to be eaten. Anyways, I’m outside with Abby waiting for a friend to show and Pablo starts to talk to me about 9/11. On September 9th he parked his car in the morning a few blocks from the World Trade Center. Upon returning to where he had parked, his car was nowhere to be found. He reported his car stolen to the police. Why would anyone in his or her right mind want to steal an old beat up Dodge Caravan? Though September 10th the police called and said the car had been towed a few blocks because of a movie being filmed. This put his car closer to the World Trade Center. On the morning of September 11th, Pablo went to pick his van up. He saw the planes crash. Pablo said he drove home and watched the towers the rest of the day from the roof of the house. He told me he wouldn’t sell the van until it dies completely. Then a few weeks later he’s selling the damn thing and it still works fine. Marjorie and Pablo have been fighting like cats and dogs over how to sell the van and how much it’s actually worth. It’s a Dodge Caravan. Who cares!

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Dodge Caravan's hold their value pretty good because most people are wanting to get them to save $$ on their car insurance policy. Anyways, It's nice to be filming things. I film things all the time with our camcorder:) Have fun with that!

Amy Donschikowski said...

Yeah, my mother traded in a Dodge Caravan when she bought her toyota and they gave her like $100 for it and it also worked fine. Have fun finding a shower curtain!

Scott the AV Guy said...

Ah, you got the film itch, eh? I'll help you scratch that itch, just not in Hi 8 (blah!).

amy said...

Well then what format? Wanna try out that old 8mm we got in the closet?

Alice said...

1) kinky camera comments are out guys ;)

2) yesterday, on the train, there was the faintest sound of Amazing Grace (like someone with their headphones up too loud) and the entire car was silent and listening to it for two stops. i don't know if it'll help your experimental film, but i understand the itch.. though mine's to write.