Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgiving was a blast. The turkey was awesome, the sides were amazing and the desserts were phenomenal. I also gained about five pounds. Abby enjoyed the time spent with Scott’s parents and his siblings. If we could put Uncle Nic and Aunt Cassie in a box and take them home, I am sure she would try.

Abby and I are staying at my mom’s house until December 3rd. My baby half sister is turning one, and I wanted to be here for the party. There are no sidewalks were my mother lives, and it has been an adventure trying to find a place to jog. I quickly made it up the street, jumping into the grass whenever a speeding car came by, and down to the new housing development where there are no cars. My stopwatch seems to have disappeared between my in-law’s place and my mother’s. I need it to keep track of my walking/jogging rotations, but I sucked it up and jogged the whole twenty minutes. This is going to sound lame, but I have never run twenty straight minutes before. On the way home, I thought, I can’t believe how good I feel. Now that I have new running shoes, my legs have felt great after runs. Big thanks to Chris! I love the running shoes!

Speaking of shoes, I also got a pair of Keens. I love these too. I love shoes not high heels or high fashion shoes, but techie shoes. Running shoes with special shock absorbing soles and newly discovered lightweight materials. My favorite types of shoe are hiking boots. All the different grips and waterproof fabric is enough to start me drooling. If I had a disposable income, my closet would be filled with hiking boots.

Tonight we are having dinner at the Great Sage and then heading over to the Symphony of Lights, the greatest waste of electricity ever but it’s for a good cause- the maternal/child ward at the General Hospital.

2 comments:

Alice said...

i'm so excited you're running. Everyone's gotta have their first twenty minutes at some point. Let me know if you want to do a road race in Central Park. The right shoes make all the difference.

Charlotte said...

I'm so happy that you're running. I need to start but it's hard to find time when my husband is never home. Anyways, I hope you had a good time at the Symphony of Lights! we don't have that pleasure of going there anymore instead we have the lighting of the city lake. Have a good time in Maryland girl!