Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Yeah. I was the idiot who forgot the camera. I did remember to pack “Trains, Planes and Automobiles” to watch Thanksgiving evening. On the Acela, Abby did great. She munched on a bagel barefoot and played with any and all available buttons and window curtains the entire two and a half hours. The seats across the aisle from us were loose and sitting diagonally from the window. Abby goes to sit on the seats and Scott follows. I’m minding my own business looking at the trees as they pass and I happen to look over the aisle to Scott and Abby. Scott had totally rotated the seats so they faced the window. I mean all I saw were the BACKS of the seats. I was mortified. Kudos to Scott who knows how to embarrass me like no one else! As I was trying to burry myself under my coat, Scott says to Abby “Let’s check on mommy.” He rotates the chairs to face me. I was dying of both laughter and humiliation. Abby then goes, “I want window!” Scott complies and rotates the seats back to face the window. He did leave the seats the way they were supposed to be situated- facing forward.

We needed a few items and braved the crazed Baltimore granola-hippy scene at Whole Foods. Dinner should be great tomorrow, and I’m counting down the minutes until I get to eat the vegan pumpkin pie and the vegan apple pie. I am committing myself to a twenty minute jog in the morning before the Thanksgiving hoopla begins. Scott’s brother and his partner are having T-day elsewhere and they will be missed. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Happy Thanksgiving Amy, Abby and Scott! Hope you have a great one!

Amy Donschikowski said...

At least your trip was uneventful. Men and children are often at the same level of maturity, hence the embarassing situations. Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving!

Hilary said...

Are you still in town? I'm off on Tuesday. Drop me a line if you are still around.

We have tenative plans to be in Brooklyn before Christmas. I hope our paths cross at some point.

Hilary