Monday, January 18, 2010



Last night Scott and I tried to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary a week early.  I could tell that morning it wasn’t going to happen.  Vera was all over the map when she woke up.  She took a nap around 3 pm and woke up an hour and a half later crying.  Not a good sign.  She’s been having bad dreams lately.  Scott ended up taking Abby over to our friends’ place as planned, minus Vera.  Abby spent the night there.  We ordered in sushi and played with Vera.  Vera fell asleep around 10 or so.  Scott was upset.  I could see it in his face.  We never do anything for our anniversary and he was determined to take me out to dinner.

Saturday I didn’t make it in to work either.  Vera was clinging to me and every time I tried to leave, she’d start screaming.  For the first time in a long time, she got on my back in a wrap.  I took her for a walk outside and she fell asleep.  By then, it was too late to make it to work.  I took a peek in Vera’s mouth and her two year molars are starting to poke through. 

I want to start rollerblading again.  It felt wonderful to skate on Sunday.  I skated for three miles before it started to rain.  It felt better then jogging.  My over ten year old skates were killing me though.  What a rough ride.  It wasn’t so bad once I got down to the promenade where the pavement is smooth, but skating on the sidewalks was downright yucky.  I’m adding new custom made skates to the imaginary-never-gonna-happen wish list.  :)

That's Vera at the ice rink.  She skated on the ice for twenty minutes Friday.  Her longest time yet!  Vera tried to stand on her own too.  The girl's going to be a skating speed demon in no time! 

1 comment:

Amy D. said...

Riley had really bad nightmares around that age too. Avery did, but not as bad as Riley. Supposedly there's some sort of growth spurt in the brain around 2, and it can lead to nightmares. Hope she's over it soon!

I think I am officially too old to rollerblade anymore, but I have been meaning to get a new tire on my bike and start doing that...