Friday, January 29, 2010

Why is this place so hard to keep clean?  It’s driving me nuts.  As soon as the house is picked up, it’s a mess again.  I’m trying to keep ahead of the dishes, and that’s a feat.

Lately, it’s been smooth sailing with Vera.  No big issues getting dressed and leaving.  She’s actually getting on my back in a Mei Tai!  Sometimes, she’ll ask to go in a wrap on my back before bed.  But the fact that Vera’s putting clothes on is huge.  I’m going to enjoy this little reprieve while I have it.

Abby had a math lesson yesterday that taught the names and spellings of zero to ten.  I wasn’t sure how it was going to go since she’s resistant to learning to read, but she got into it!  Basically, I wrote all the numbers on the board with their names, and then we played hangman using those words.  Hangman is a family favorite game in our house.  Three letter words can be killer.  Anyways, it was fun and hopefully she learned to read a few of the names. 

I need to go, I lost my moment of peace.  Abby’s leaning over my shoulder.

No comments: