Sunday, April 25, 2010

Since the weather has warmed up, I’ve been taking the girls to the beach at least once a week.  Time flies at the beach and it wears them out. 

Our slow cooker journey is still in full swing.  I love it!  It’s great to come home to a fully cooked meal from scratch with out hours of cooking!  The pot roast I made was to die for and the girls ate everything.

Vera and I had a whole conversation about what she did yesterday while I was at work.  Here’s our conversation.

Me: What did you do today?
Vera: Daddy Abby Me go park.
Me: Did you swing?
Vera: Yes! Swing up to sky.
Me: Up to the sky so high?
Vera: Yes. So high!
Me: Did you slide?
Vera: Yes. Daddy helped me.
Me: What else did you do?
Vera: Me had ice cream!
Me: Ice cream!?
Vera: Yes! Daddy Abby Me had ice cream!
Me: In a cone or a cup?
Vera: In a cone!  Ice cream!
Me: What did you eat for dinner?
Vera: Peas!

Scott told me later they did not have ice cream, but every else was true.  On the way to the park, Vera fell face first out of the stroller.  I told Scott this day was coming.  Vera refuses to wear the seatbelt.  She fells too constricted.  Anyways, she’s now got a scrapped up nose. 

We start lessons again on May 3rd.  Scott got a printer, copier, and scanner in one.  He can’t copy my worksheets at work anymore, and now I don’t have to rely on him to make the copies.  I’m itching to get started again.  I love the three month on one month off cycle we got going.  It’s perfect.

Scott’s schedule has been interesting.  More and more he just falls asleep in Abby’s room and I go get him once Vera’s asleep.  He has to get up so early!  Scott was up at 2:30 am to be at work by 4:30 am Friday morning.  I’m slowly moving up our dinner times so our evenings are early and everyone can get enough sleep.

2 comments:

Amy D. said...

I can't wait to live somewhere where we can go to the beach all the time!

BTW, I saw a future-Abby at the ice rink yesterday :)

Darleen & Gregg Jobson-Larkin said...

James keeps asking if we can go back to that beach we went to when we were "Crusining". Royal Carribbean's little island off of Labadee Haiti. These are truly beach babies, regardless of the weather. If we don't go to AMNH we will see you guys at the Beach Friday. The girls are getting so big.
Darleen