Sunday, May 9, 2010

This week, Scott is going to be too tired to do any cooking, so I picked the meals.  We're having four slow cooker dinners and then spaghetti.  I loooooove the slow cooker.  How in the world did we function without it??  Whole food meals from scratch with so little effort.  For those in Sunset Park who have not heard yet, Fresh Direct now delivers to the 'hood.  I placed our first grocery order this afternoon for delivery tomorrow.  We'll see how this all works out.  Scott spends about $25 for car service PER week for shopping.  The delivery charge for Fresh Direct? $5.67.  AND some how we spent considerably less ordering food from Fresh Direct.  Maybe it's because I did the shopping and the meal planning this week??

Mother's Day was quiet and laid back.  Scott made us all French toast for breakfast.  Then we went to Ikea to get a new shower curtain, cord covers, and a light for the dinning room.  I picked up a pack of spoons and forks.  Where the silverware disappears to, I'll never know.  Ikea wasn't too crowded and we took our time milling about.  When we got home, Scott put the light up and the girls played.  Vera took a nap and Abby and I snuggled up and watched "Where The Wild Things Are".

Vera has maple syrup in her hair and some how I've got to wash it and eventually comb it.  Not fun.  I seriously wonder how long a kid's hair can go without combing before it really does turn into dred locks that need to be cut off.

Scott's glasses broke.  He's blind as a bat.  Abby was on his shoulders and they got knocked off by accident and landed on the sidewalk in two pieces.  He couldn't get an appointment until Wednesday.  Poor man has to work three days without glasses.

  

1 comment:

Emily said...

" I seriously wonder how long a kid's hair can go without combing before it really does turn into dred locks that need to be cut off." About four months. Ask me how I know - LOL ;)