Friday, August 27, 2010

All of Abby's first grade books are ordered.  For those interested, here's what we're doing for first grade.

Saxon Math 2
Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading
First Language Lessons 1
Writing With Ease 1
Story of the World, Ancient Times book 1
Handwriting Without Tears
National Geographic's Map Essentials, grade 1
Studying a new animal each week for science

I'm excited to get started.  It's time to get back in the swing of things.  August has felt like a long month.

Abby's sixth birthday is next week.  We're going to Staples on Wednesday to pick out school supplies for her birthday.  She's excited about it, and it took her mind off the Rebecca doll she's been after.  Scott and I decided to wait until the Holidays to get Abby the doll.  Vera wants a Bitty Baby and this way they both can get their dolls at the same time.  

Each day, I can tell I'm not as miserable as the day before.  By the evening, I'm wiped out.  I lay Vera down to sleep in the evening and usually I fall asleep with her.  I'm already showing!  It's got to be because this is my third pregnancy.  Oh my, my third.  I know it's early, but Scott and I have been enjoying discussing names.  I'm not ready to share them yet.  Not until I'm much farther along. :)  

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I always say, keep Baby's name your own special secret. It's something that just the two of you share, and there aren't many things so special that are just yours. Congratulations again.