Tuesday, August 31, 2010

We went to the beach and met up with friends yesterday.  Perfect beach weather.  Abby learned to body surf and Vera did some splashing and digging.  I was ready to go around 4pm, but Abby was having fun so I waited until 5:30pm.  I was wiped.  Vera fell asleep on my back on the way to the subway.  She was heavy, the bag was heavy, and Abby was tired but not complaining about carrying the toy bag.  Scott met us at our stop to help carry everything back home.  Literally, the girls and I took a shower, ate dinner, and went straight to bed.  I slept from 8pm to 7am.  How am I going to get through this pregnancy if I’m already this exhausted?

I gingered myself out.  I drank and ate too much of it.  The thought of ginger makes me want to puke.  So does pizza, and really anything with too much dairy in it.  Although frozen yogurt doesn’t have that effect.  I am constantly hungry.  I wake up around 4 in the morning starving.  I try to wait until the morning, but then my stomach feels like it’s going to cave in from hunger and nausea.  What is up with this pregnancy??  I nursed Abby through my pregnancy with Vera and the only issue I really had was breast tenderness.  That’s how I figured out I was pregnant.  I didn’t have this constant hunger or fatigue this early on. 

So that’s where I’m at.  Hurry up and get here second trimester!  I don’t see my midwife until October.  Seems like such a long time away, but it really isn’t. 

Ready to bake frozen scones from Fresh Direct kick ass.

Tomorrow is Abby’s 6th birthday.  This day six years ago, I was in labor.  Abby was born early in the morning on the first. 

No comments: