Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Abby had a great 6th birthday.  We went to the pool during the late morning with friends, and swam until we were dying of hunger.  We all walked to Eclipse for lunch.  The girls and I had just enough time to get home and shower before heading out to meet Scott at Target for school supplies.  Abby got a binder, folders and some other stuff we’ll need for first grade.  We also hit the dollar isle and found the cutest little 100 piece animal puzzles and Halloween window clings, which the girls have already stuck to the windows.  Abby wanted baked beans and hot dogs for her dinner, and so beans and franks it was.  Scott made the beans from scratch yesterday and they were amazing. 

Vera ended up taking a nap this afternoon, and she’s still awake helping Scott wash dishes.  Speaking of dishes, we have acquired a countertop dishwasher.  It rocks.  I love it.  How did we live before it?  Scott usually loads it up in the evening and I run it in the morning.  It is a bit loud and I’m afraid it will bother the girls if I run it at night.

Abby’s books should be here by Friday which gives me the weekend to plan our first week.  I might just do math, handwriting and reading on Monday.  Keep things simple for our first day in a new grade.  I want to ease into the lessons.  I ordered National Geographic’s Map Essentials which is a geography program.  I had to order it over the phone because their web site was not working.  I have yet to get a confirmation email or see the bill on the bank statement and the lady on the phone was annoying.  I need to follow up, but so far I’m not impressed with them.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday to Abby! Can't believe it's time for six already! And first grade! Jeepers - where does the time go?!?!?!?