Sunday, September 5, 2010

Abby’s books came late Friday evening.  She is too excited to start.  I’m excited to start!  Doing and planning lessons will help keep me busy and my mind off this pregnancy.  I think Vera will get a lot out of the lessons too, especially the history and science.  I’m going to hold off on the writing program for a month until I feel confident that Abby is moving smoothly with reading.  She can read quite a bit, but something is still not quite clicking yet.  Her comprehension is through the roof though, but I’m sure that’s common with kids who are read to on a regular basis.  The big hits lately have been the Ramona books and Pippi Longstocking.  Abby eats up Pippi. 

Scott has Monday off, so this should be a nice weekend.  We’ll clean Sunday and have start lessons on Monday morning and relax in the afternoon.  Scott made this wonderfully warming eggplant dish the other night that totally made me feel good.  He got the recipe out of an old Vegetarian Times.  I think it was Lebanese eggplant with chickpeas.  I’m sure if you do a search on their website it should pop up.  Another night he made homemade mushroom ravioli with a pea sauce that came from Veggie Times too.  So so yummy. 

Everyday I’m amazed at how much Abby has matured and grown.  She’s a kid now.  A little kid, but her baby-ness is disappearing fast and sometimes I can’t even find her baby face.  Six years old!  Scott had the girls today since I was at work, and they were coming home and the train was taking forever.  He said Vera was getting restless and Abby was just going with the flow as usual, and I realized, she really does go with the flow the majority of the time now.  Abby will complain about stuff like any kid does, but that’s about it.  If I tell her there’s nothing I can do and whining and complaining won’t fix it, she stops.  Amazing!  She’s becoming self-sufficient.  I loved age five and I think six will be just as wonderful. 

No comments: