Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Map Essential books finally arrived today.  Unfortunately it was only half my order.  I had ordered both first and second grade.  Second grade was for my neighbor.  Only first grade came.  The customer service at National Geographic sucks, at least the education customer service.  I have a feeling that if I was a teacher ordering mass amounts of text books I'd have gotten better treatment.  Still, sucky service.

I miss Scott.  The busy season started full force.  He's worked 30 hours in two days.  Here it is 5:45 and I have yet to hear from him about when he's coming home.  When Scott works insane hours the house gets trashed.  I don't know what it is.  I just can't keep up with the chores.

Today was another good day.  This baby is giving me a little break!  I'm tired as hell, but I can deal with tired.

I took the girls to the park today.  We haven't been in a while.  All the mothers were talking about school and such.  All their talk makes me SO happy we are not a part of that world.  My favorite comment about Abby from today, She seems so well rounded!  HA!  Also, I have said this before and I will say it again.  There's a special place in hell for parents who let their little ones cry alone, ESPECIALLY the mother who stuck her young baby in the stroller to cry herself to sleep while the mother had a conversation with a friend.  

1 comment:

Amy D. said...

See, for a lot of mothers, micro-managing their child's public school experience is a way for them to feel like a good parent without actually having to interact with their child in any meaningful way. These are usually the same parents who take their kids to the park/pool/ice rink/etc. to socialize with other mothers and get mad at their children for interrupting them. The more they talk about their children, the more they feel involved, without actually having to *do* anything.