Saturday, August 6, 2011

Title.

I'm still not going to admit that we're moving in November. I'll believe it when it starts to really happen. It seriously looks like Scott will be transferred to DC though. Scott and I always use if when talking about moving. "If we move..." Denial I guess. Or disbelief. Or hopeful thinking that Scott will find something before then. But, oh! The lure of more space! Closets! A washer/dryer in my house! Clean, worry-free grass! Space! Did I mention we're a family of five in a 2.5 bedroom apartment? Sure, we all fit and it's cozy and all, but there are times when I could use another bathroom or three. 

I'm starting to check out the homeschooling scene in MD and I took a gander at the laws. The laws are very different than NYC. School starts at five years in MD, not six. A portfolio of work has to be shown to some school related official twice a year. I want to talk to some other MD parents to see how this all actually works. In NYC, all I have to do is file quarterly reports and an end of year assessment. It looks like a lot on paper, but in reality, it's very easy to homeschool in NYC.

So, yeah. That's where we are. Chugging along letting this current take us where ever it goes. Hopefully it will leave us all in one piece and not shipwrecked.


No comments: