Saturday, December 17, 2011

Almost A Home.

We're pretty much all unpacked. Everything isn't 100 percent yet, because we're lacking shelves, a dinning room table, and two dressers. The house is starting to feel cozy, and it smells warm thanks to the cinnimon scented pinecones.

I feel like we made a huge leap forward in our car search. We put the paperwork in for a Toyota Sienna. That's right. A van. A light blue minivan. So not cool. There was a 2011 Prius for the right price and, oh how I whined for the Prius, but alas, we need space. The van is a kid mover. We'll find out Monday if the Sienna is ours, and pick it up Wednesday evening.

Abby is moving slowly, but steady with reading. I'm feeling good with where we have gotten to in the past weeks. It's a struggle, but I noticed she's reading more and more on her own and writing more too. Also, she's sounding out words to spell them which she was very resistant to do before. Math, of course, is on track with no issues. Saxon Math is brillant and a perfect fit for Abby.

The MD homeschooling laws are a beast. I've decided to go through an umbrella organization to allievate a lot of the stress. I miss the simple NYC laws. I think MD is a homeschooling nanny state.

No comments: