Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I cut eggs out this week.  Eggs should have been one of the first things I cut seeing how I was allergic to them as a kid.  And if you're one of those people who believe you never grow out of allergies, than I probably shouldn't have been eating them anyways.  No blood this week.  Penny is almost to baseline.  She still has mucous in her poos, but no blood!  So I'll see where we are next week.

Our holidays were busy with family.  Lots of running around between all the sets of grandparents.  I'm glad it's over.  It's time to get into a routine and settle down.  We haven't had a normal, quiet week since well before we moved from NYC.  Abby and I were also miserably sick through out the holidays.  Abby started throwing up before Christmas.  Scott and I chalked it up to dairy exposure at the holiday party since no one else got sick.  Then a few days after Christmas, she was puking again, then I was violently ill.  I'm talking on the floor sick begging Scott to take me to the hospital sick.  The poor man sat by my sick ass side and tried his best reassure me that I wasn't going to die, and if I passed out, he'd be there. Abby seemed to get better, but was still complaining of a slight tummy ache.  New Year's Eve she puked again a half hour before midnight.  This time, Scott took her to the ER.  Abby had x-rays done and a UTI test.  Both negative, thank goodness.  This was one nasty virus.  Only Abby and I got it.  I HATE tummy bugs.  We both lost weight.

I took the girls to Enoch Pratt Free Library today.  I love that library.  The NYC Public Library's children's room in the main branch is nice, but the Pratt's children's room is cozy (and there's a pond with fish!).  The librarians were awesome.  I love a good librarian.  You know the kind where you're searching for a certain type of book, and they actually help you find exactly what you're looking for?  Or take my daughter to show her where all the new picture books are located and which ones look like fun?  Even though we had to pay for parking (4$ for 2 hours), it's worth it.  I'd like to make it a weekly trip.  Also, I'm going to start asking each girl to pick out one audiobook, one fiction, one biography, and one non fiction.  Audiobooks have become a life savor in the car.  They keep the older girls quiet, entertained, and I find them relaxing.

Oh, and we got a van!  A Toyota Sienna!  It's lovely.  I'm in love with my swagger wagon with remote entry doors.  I don't even have to exit the car to get the girls unbuckled and Penny in the Mei Tai.  I just turn the car off and walk to the back.  Then we all exit from the back doors.  It probably looks like a circus act from the outside, but it's cold out and to put a Mei Tai on in the cold is no fun.  But, seriously, there is that much space.  The most troublesome is Penny is seated in the third row.  This is because I have to sit next to her when Scott drives, and Penny needs Abby when I drive.  I need to talk to Scott, but I'm thinking it might be easier to move the middle captain's seats together, and put Abby and Penny in those and Vera in the third row.  Anyways.

My ec'ing struggles continue.  Penny and I are completely out of sync.  I've got to get us back into a groove.  The holidays, illness, and food issues messed us up.  I ordered extra prefolds.  I never needed extra prefolds with Abby and Vera.  Not having a washer/dryer that's easily accessible, is not helping either.  I try my best.   

     

No comments: