Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sick Baby Penny

Penny has a double ear infection and croup.  I had no idea she had an ear infection until the doctor checked her ears.  Penny had no fever, and she was slightly more fussy than usual.  My kids rarely get fevers, so I find it can be hard to tell how sick they are. Anyways, I'm chalking up the mucousy poops to her croup and ears. So eggs are on my safe list for now.  Also, Penny is on antibiotics and a steroid syrup for the barking cough. She's also getting a daily dose of probiotics mixed in homemade beef bone broth or homemade chicken broth. The probiotics have dairy, so it'll be interesting to see if there's any reaction once she's feeling better.

Abby woke up with crusty eyes and nose, and sore throat. It looks like we'll be spending another day at home.  Everyone is drinking bone broth today.








No comments: