Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sometimes.

Abby was sick again this morning with a stomach bug. It's really odd.  No one else in the house gets sick.  She never got ill like this in NYC.  I hope Abby makes it through tonight without getting sick.

Penny was as close to baseline as ever Tuesday.  I ate only yams, squash, and grass fed bison for four days.  Tuesday evening, I had a white potato.  Wednesday morning Penny had blood. I'm assuming and hoping I nailed down a positive allergy/sensitivity- potatoes.  So I've cut out the night shade family. The rest of this week I'm eating yams, squash, greens (kale, green lettuce, cilantro), brussel sprouts, broccoli, rutabagas, turnips, pears, beets, plantains, coconut, and carrots.  I made a salad dressing of olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice.  Anyways, I'm hoping to trial corn with Penny soon.  If I can relax on corn, my life will be so much easier.  But yippee for finally nailing down a sensitivity!  Only took me about six months. Damn.

I have some research to do.  Scott and I need to find a good source for veggies, and I have some links for farms to go through.  The veggies in the grocery stores here suck.  I've found moldy fruits in both Whole Foods and Wegman's.

Our favorite spot to play lately is Oregon Ridge Park.  The girls love to play along the stream and run down the trails.  The woods have been beautiful and it's wonderful to see the girls getting lots of fresh air.  With all this freakishly warm weather, I was able to hike with Penny on my back inside my wrap sweater. Hiking with her on my back is a hundred times easier than her on my front.  I can do so much more.  I think Penny likes it better, too. 

Tomorrow, we've got lessons planned for the morning and homeschool rollerskating if Abby is well. 


No comments: