Sunday, May 6, 2012

Three Crazy Days

It's been non-stop action here. The girls and I got to spend two wonderful days with good friends from NYC. A beach day at Oregon Ridge, followed by an afternoon in Patterson Park watching the Kinetic Sculpture Race. It was really good to see friends. Abby was in heaven. It made me miss Brooklyn. A lot.

Today, we went to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. I wish I was a knitter. But, alas, I am not. I have tried numerous times, and, well, crafting is not me. I can't get into it. I love handmade things, and I will gladly buy handmade, and encourage my mom to constantly knit. :) Abby isn't much of a crafter either. Vera would probably love knitting/sewing. Anyways, seeing all the beautiful yarns makes me envious of those that can/like to knit. I also want a lamb to keep in my backyard. ;)

Quick Penny tummy update. Her poos have been a mix of breastmilk poo and solid poo. I've cut waaay down on her fruit consumption, like a few bites of banana or one of Grandma's homemade juice pops. That seems to have helped the wicked dry, hard poos. She had her first taste of a graham cracker on Saturday. Penny loved it. She kept saying, "num num num!" Which means, "Give me more of THAT!" There was no direct reaction, and no poop today. That was her first ever taste of wheat. Penny went her whole first year without tasting a grain other than rice. 

Wandering in the woods with wonderful friends...


No comments: