Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June 27, 2012

So Penny and I did a mini gluten trial, and I'm declaring it a fail. The first test was a bowl of pasta that just I ate. I started to feel nauseous a little more than half way through. That night Penny was restless, and slept horribly. A week later I tried again, thinking it's just in my head, or maybe something else was bothering me. No such luck. Had to take a pepto to settle my belly. Penny also joyfully ate pasta with me. I was hoping her crankiness and sleeplessness was teething from the previous week, but last night was Horrible. Both of us were up. This time even Scott said no more gluten for either of us. There it is. I don't want to be sick anymore.

There's a shot of some work from Abby's math lesson from today. She understood how to do it after just one example. I never learned how to multiply using this short cut. It's pretty awesome, and so easy! We're also rocking through science and history with geography work thrown in.

A list of books I need to get part A...
Spelling Workout B student workbook
First Language Lessons 3 + workbook
Writing With Ease 3 workbook
Lively Latin online
Saxon Math 3/4 (I think that's what it's called. It's the new math 3 that's like Math 4/5, but not the pk- 3 program we're finishing now. I don't think we're ready for 4/5 just yet.)


1 comment:

Jac said...

blech about the gluten :( Sorry! Well, the paleo people would say you'll be super healthier! :)

Cooool math - love it!