Friday, August 31, 2012

August 31st, 2012

Tomorrow is Abby's 8th birthday. OMG. 8th birthday. (And I just realized I've been blogging for 7 years.) She's not a little kid anymore. She's a BIG big kid. A wonderful, beautiful, and magnetic person. My first baby.

I have to work tomorrow, so Scott is taking all three girls to the mall to buy Abby's birthday shoes. She wants another pair of Chuck Taylors, but in a brighter color. Last year, she chose black. Sunday or Monday, we'll have our usual vegan cake possibly with ice cream, and Abby wants baked beans and hot dogs as her birthday dinner. Just the grandparents will be in attendence.

This week turned out to be quite busy. Library, park, Scott changed his car's brakes on his own, another park, and beach trip. We also did a full four days of lessons. Nine more lessons in Math 3. I keep telling myself, "We can do this!" The last 15 lessons in the Saxon math books are k I l l e r. It's like a preview of what's to come in the next grade. We're nearly done Writing With Ease 2. I requested Story of the World 2 on cd for car rides. The girls and I are tearing through audiobooks while in the car. I figure we can listen to history while driving, if we aren't listening to a good book. Abby and Vera are enjoying the Narnia books right now.

No comments: