Sunday, August 5, 2012

August 5, 2012

Today was day one of our Whole30. Dinner was amazing. Scott made stir fry minus the rice. He made the best steak e v e r. It was perfection.

As the girls get older, our food bill is increasing almost monthly. It's our biggest expense next to rent. I'm trying to figure out how to get even more veggies into our meals to offset the cost of grass fed, free range, humane meat. I'm starting with lunches. I need to make a master list of veggies the girls will eat, and make a ton of veggies for lunches. Our lunches were vegan for so long, and I'd like to go back to veggie heavy lunches. I like my meals to be nutrient dense, filling, and grain-free. So, I've got some thinking to do.

As a family, we're building a mouse trap car to race on the 18th. The car has to be made using a pine car kit that was given to us, and recycled materials. Once, I borrow a jigsaw, we should be good to go.

No comments: