Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November 20, 2012

We've been preparing for Thanksgiving this week. I love Thanksgiving. For us it's all about the food. It's a reason to make a huge meal. The menu - Scott's famous turkey, bacon and brussel sprouts, butternut squash soup, sweet potato mash, acorn squash with maple syrup, and some kind of apple dessert.

Friday, we have friends from NYC staying with us. I can't wait. Abby and Vera kind of know someone is coming, but they aren't positive who. It's going to be a busy holiday!

Abby and I have been battling her eczema. Her immune system keeps attacking the skin on her inner elbow. The skin looks scarred already. I have a few more ideas to try before I go to the doctor for a steroid. For now, I'm keeping it covered and oiled. I swear she's allergic to MD. The only time she stayed eczema free was when we lived in the apartment on 63rd street in Brooklyn. Abby's eczema is such a viscous cycle. She eats dairy, eczema flairs, something in the environment aggravates it, and on it goes.

I wanted to get the upstairs cleaned today before we go to our Tuesday playgroup...

No comments: