Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday, December 7, 2012

The girls and I have colds. The kind where you are sick enough you probably shouldn't be near other people, but you aren't feeling like complete death. Abby was having some post nasal drip that was making her nauseous, really nauseous. I gave her a dose of Boiron's nux vomica. Mind you, it's made with a lactose base. Abby has had Boiron's cold calm and the allergy relief tablets both made with a lactose base. I don't know what it was with the nux vomica, but within minutes she had hives. An hour later she was covered in welts radiating from her belly. We gave her a full dose of benadryl. She finally conked out for the night once the benadryl kicked in. Scott and I checked on her several times during the night. I've never seen such a severe reaction like that with Abby. Usually dairy causes small hives around her mouth, vomiting, and then eczema that lasts forever.

The girls and I decorated the super small tree we have. Penny's crushed about five glass bulbs in a day. She can't help herself. The tree lights and decorations are too enticing.

No comments: