Saturday, December 22, 2012

Saturday, December 22, 2012

We're all set for Christmas. Scott and I will wrap the presents and watch Die Hard on Christmas Eve. I'll always remember the one Christmas I was very very pregnant with Vera, and Scott had to assemble the Playmobil castle we got Abby. I tried so hard to stay up with him, but I ended up asleep on the couch. It took three hours to assemble that damn castle.

For shits and giggles, I decided to give Abby a placement test to see exactly what grade she is in for math and reading. She's doing well with Saxon math 54, but I have no idea where she falls with reading. I hope to give her the test after the holidays.

Tonight we braved the cold and walked around Hampden. The girls loved the lights on 34th street. If you've never heard of the lights on 34th street, Google Baltimore and Miracle on 34th street. Crazy Baltimore fun. We also had wicked good hot chocolate at an uber trendy cafe. Best hot chocolate ever. The chocolate is made in house, and I swear they brew the coffee one cup at a time with this weird funnel, filter and glass thingy. The atmosphere was very intimate, and I hope to return sans kids to enjoy a cup of coffee with Scott.

1 comment:

Charlotte Strickland said...

That sounds like fun! Maybe next year I can travel up to Baltimore to see my sister and go the house for some coffee with Jason. :)