Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January 1, 2012

Had to post a New Year's entry.

We had a wonderfully quiet New Year's. Beautiful, really. Vera went to bed around ten, then Penny passed out at eleven, and then Abby counted down the seconds with Scott and I. We played Monopoly all evening. No loud music, or TV, or party. Today, we did our traditional New Year's sushi dinner with family.

I plan to pick lessons back up this coming Monday. We still have a very busy week ahead. Scott goes back to work tomorrow, and I have a house to organize, and the girls need to detox from everything. Speaking of detoxing, Scott is having us all go super strict paleo this month to get everyone back on track.

A side note - Scott wiped both our old smart phones clean, and let the girls play with them this vacation. So as a result, I lost my ability to post to instagram. I know I've blogged about this before, but I'm once again torn about posting photos, which is why I've been on a hiatus from instagram, and somewhat from Facebook.

I'll hopefully remember to blog more about Vera and her spike in tantrums. I don't mean toddler tantrums, but tantrums of the preschool variety. Wow. When Abby turned five, I remember it was like a breath of fresh air. She was suddenly this constantly happy, go with the flow kid. Vera's either having some sort of huge growth spurt, or she's been out of whack from the holidays. So, I'll see where we are in a week.

Penny has a serious sense of humor. She purposely does things to make us laugh. I don't remember the other two doing the things she does. Penny actively tries to be funny. I love it.

No comments: