Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thursday, January 10, 2013

I come from a two kid family, so the dynamics of a three kid family is totally fascinating. Scott has two siblings. He gets how it works. But I LOVE watching Penny grow up between her two older sisters. She has TWO sisters to play with (annoy) and turn to. The other night, I was getting the older ones to bed, and on my way out of their room, I swooped up Penny, who immediately started protesting. Hello! She needed to give each sister a hug, a kiss, and a "'night!" Penny is at this age where she needs to be doing what her sisters are doing. It's wonderful and frustrating all at the same time.

So Abby took about three quarters of the placement tests before she decided she wasn't going to continue. It placed her right on target - mid-year third grade. I wonder if she had continued, if she would have placed beginning fourth. Either way, I'm happy and relieved to know she's where she 'should' be.

Vera has loved doing math lessons. It's been easy going, and she's been asking for more work once we're done! I usually give her tracing paper and a book, or some other pincer grip exercise.

No comments: