Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 2, 2013

My baby is two! Two! Penny is a pretty awesome kid. There's something about her that makes me want to smoosh her with hugs all the time. Her sense of humor is hilarious, and I hope it stays. Penny is the only kid of mine that refuses to adopt a nickname for nursing. She prefers to yell like a baby bird, "I want AHHH!" The girl can stand her own among her sisters. Oh! I don't want to forget this. Penny calls princesses, dabadees. The dabadee word came about when she tried to say barbie, and it has stuck. Anything fancy is dabadee. It's a dabadee skirt, or dabadee dress. Now, she's got everyone saying dabadee instead of princess or barbie.

If I could relive one day, it would be Penny's birth. Yep. Labor and pain and all. That day still gives me an inner strength and peace when I remember it. Penny was my second home birth VBAC. My labor with her was something special.

So Scott and I couldn't decide and agree on a birthday gift for Penny. When Scott and I can't decide or agree on something, we tend to just forget it and move on, unless of course, a decision must be made. I wanted to get her some doll diapers, or doll clothes, or this really awesome doll stroller I saw on Etsy, but Scott vetoed all doll related toys. He wants to paint chalkboard paint along one dinning room wall since Penny has drawn on nearly every wall downstairs. I said I'd like to see this chalkboard painting actually happen. Shopping for my own kids is incredibly hard. I can't remember if we even got Vera a birthday gift this year. I don't think we did. Does this make us horrible parents?

I went to the blogger party at work tonight, mostly to drink wine, eat, and talk with my lovely lady friends, but to see other bloggers in the area as well. I don't consider myself a "blogger" and I don't have anything unique or special to say. Seven and a half years ago, I started this blog to keep family and friends up to date when we moved to NYC, now it's a public journal, I guess. Someday, I'll export all these posts, and get them printed, and give them to the girls when they're older. I'm sure it'll be massive. Does anyone other than a few friends even read this?

1 comment:

Jac said...

haha - well, I check in every month or so :) I love reading your posts! happy birthing-day:)