Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July 30, 2013

It's been a crazy month. By the time I get into bed, I am done.

Penny has been rocking the potty independence. It makes travelling that much easier. Her last two year molar is half way out! She's been nursing around the clock the last few days, and it's made me realize how much I love nursing. I do. I complain sometimes, like when we're on night three of continuous nursing, and I'm t i r e d, but for the most part it's wonderful. I noticed sometime ago, that if I nurse Penny on the couch at about 2 or 3 pm, I cannot stay awake at all. It's kinda funny. The girls will want a book read, and we'll all sit down on the couch, and Penny will want to nurse, and I am literally fighting to stay awake. There's been times when I've asked the older girls to let me quickly nap while Penny nurses. Those oxytocin hormones are beasts! I want to make it to a decade of nursing. I have one more year.

The girls and I have hit a nice stride with lessons. Everyone has been finishing by noon. Vera does handwriting, math, and reads either an easy reader or two BOB books. Abby does her usual with the math split over two days. I've been splitting Vera's math lesson as well. Meeting book and lesson one day, and worksheet the next. Why didn't I think to do this with Abby way back when? Though, Vera is not where I wanted to be by now. I wanted to be half way through Math 1, but we're a little more than a fourth of the way through. Penny asks to do lessons, too. She's usually satisfied with crayons and a coloring book.

No comments: