Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 9, 2013

The Fourth was great this year. We were in an early morning parade with the shop. The girls were so happy, and handed out lollipops to kids on the sidelines. Scott wasn't going to go with us, but he ended up waking up the same time we did, and tagged along. On the way home, he said he was glad he went. It was fun. Once home, Penny, Scott and I took a two hour nap, while the older ones watched a movie. How Abby and Vera stayed awake is beyond me. Then it was time to head to the Inner Harbor for the aquarium party and fireworks. I will never see fireworks any other way. The aquarium was well worth the ticket price. The pier wasn't crowded, there were lots of crafts, activities and even a small play. The kids were so preoccupied they didn't get to go into the aquarium. Scott said the aquarium inside was totally empty and peaceful. Next year, we'll make an effort to walk around inside. The aquarium pier really is the perfect spot to see the fireworks. They were spectacular. Penny was not a fan. After the first few, she started screaming, Go Home! I covered her ears, and told her to close her eyes, and she fell asleep for about ten minutes. Towards the end, she was nervous but fascinated.

Penny is totally potty trained. If Scott can take her out of the house in undies all day without me, she's done with diapers. Guess I should pack away the rest of the diapers.

Vera has mastered her bike. I can't keep up with Abby and Vera anymore when they ride their bikes, and they get frustrated with riding way up ahead, and then back to me. I'd like a bike with a toddler seat to keep up! Penny just fits Vera's old balance bike, and soon she'll be keeping up with Vera and Abby.

No comments: